April 29, 2015

How to Draw a Pineapple: A Step by Step Guide for Kids

We recently discovered step by step drawing guide books for children. The books illustrate how to draw simple objects in a series of three to six sequential boxes or steps. I wasn't sure my barely five year old was old enough, but I was wrong. She LOVES them!

The step by step boxes really help her identify shapes within a picture by breaking down a drawing project into small manageable steps. In the later steps, its also good for detail recognition and noticing change. If she gets stuck I ask, what's different between this box and the last?

Our most recent art club venture was a mother's day gift involving a sharpie drawn pineapple and tissue paper paint. All the how-to-draw books we own depict animals or cartoon characters, so I've begun attempting my own versions for the inanimate objects we draw. 

How to Draw a Pineapple: A Step by Step Guide for Kids
(Our project was a mothers day gift, but you could easily omit the text in the final step.)

Pin It

Here are the kids' results. Both artists are five years old. 



Stay tuned to see what we did with the pineapples next!

No comments:

Post a Comment